Dennis Godby, N.D. of Sacramento Naturopathic Medical Center
Dr. Dennis Godby, N.D., is a CA-licensed Naturopathic Doctor (America’s Natural Medicine Doctors) and is an expert in bio-identical hormone therapy. Naturopathic doctors are the only primary care doctors clinically trained in both natural and conventional medical approaches. Dr. Godby will not only help to balance your hormones, but to balance your life.
His care, compassion and love for his patients is well known throughout the Sacramento area and across the USA. Dr. Godby inspires; for the last 34 years, he has demonstrated his commitment to the health and well being of all global citizens.
To raise awareness of natural medicine and encourage a healthier America, he founded the organization, The Run: Moving Natural Medicine Forward in 2011 and ran 3,000 miles on foot across the USA. Dr. Godby was awarded the California Naturopathic Doctors Association’s first “Doctor of the Year” award in 2012!
Dr. Godby’s seeks to find and address the fundamentals causes of dis-ease, and support your body’s natural healing ability, and address you as a whole person – physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Among Dr. Godby’s many passions and interests is preventing/treating/reversing diabetes; his e-book: “The Practical Guide to Overcoming Diabetes Naturally,” can be found online.
Dr. Godby received his medical degree from in 2004 from the naturopathic profession’s first university at the National College of Naturopathic Medicine, in Portland, OR. He has been practicing naturopathic medicine and prescribing bioidentical hormones in midtown Sacramento since 2005.
Dr. Godby became a physician at the ripe age of 48 and has been hitting the ground running since. Dr. Godby’s previous career was teaching religious studies in a Portland, OR area high school after receiving a Master’s in Theological Studies in Maryknoll, NY.
Education and Training
- Functional Diagnostic Medicine Training Program, Functional Medicine University, 2008
- Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine, National College of Naturopathic Medicine, Portland, Oregon, 2004
- Masters of Arts, Theological Studies, Maryknoll School of Theology, Maryknoll, NY, 1990
- Bachelors of Science, Exercise Physiology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 1979
- Certified Seminar Leader, American Seminar Leader’s Association, Pasadena, CA
- Doctor of Naturopathy, Sutter Medical Foundation
- Sutter Center for Integrative Health Complementary Medicine Affiliate, Sacramento, CA
- Diabetes Wellness Coach, Sutter Connect, Sacramento, CA, (2005-2006)
- High School Social Justice Religious Studies Teacher, LaSalle High School,
- Milwaukie, OR; Sacred Heart Cathedral, San Francisco, CA, (1991-1998)
- Community Peace and Justice Activist (1982-1991)
- California Naturopathic Doctor of the Year 2012, awarded by California Naturopathic Doctors Association
- The Practical Guide to Overcoming Diabetes Naturally
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- American Diabetes Association
- California Naturopathic Doctors Association
- Diabetes Coalition of California Education Committee
- Physicians for Social Responsibility